Monday 24 June 2024

Tomorrow










I often get the feeling that my life is traveling at speed,
as if I were on a treadmill and work my only need.
It brings a greyish feeling of sadness to the fore,
as the treadmill is always hungry and continually shouting 'more! '.
Time, that elusive substance, is constantly slipping away,
oh, to be with my family and to take the time to play.
We are only in this life once, as far as we can tell,
tomorrow maybe we'll make amends and have a holiday as well.
Unfortunately, tomorrow's time is always where it is,
at someplace in the future, a target we will miss.
For when that time arrives, and old age is finally here,
we'll find to our sadness that our past has cost us dear.
No way of making up that family time we've lost,
when we discover within our lives the early morning frost.
Tomorrow, we’ll look at the past with bittersweet sighs,
knowing that love at its truest is a dream that never dies!

John
This poem captures a moment in life, where sounds, images, senses come together to capture a unique moment in time. I wrote it many years ago, at that time life was going at full tilt, family, work, training, etc. I wrote it as a reminder to me what was important in my life for it is so easy to lose sight of what is truly important in the heat of life.
Background Music: Sometimes by CJ Gibson


There is a selection of my art on canvas

 and other mediums available in my

Bonanza Shop here.

 

I have two self-help stories available exclusively on Amazon, either on the Kindle or paperback, and I do hope that you find them interesting, thought-provoking, and, most of all, enjoyable: -

 

The Rock Philosophy

This simply written short story is aimed at those who seek to understand themselves, and through understanding themselves comes a greater understanding of life. 

 

The Life of Jesus

(as witnessed by his brother)

Much has been written about Jesus, and no matter your view on religion or Christianity, this person, whether he was as described in the bible or not, has singularly shaped, to a greater or lesser extent, the lives we lead today through his wisdom. There are many versions of the story, but there is only one truth, and is it not better to know the truth?

 

You are most welcome to visit my self-help youtube channel Advantage Subliminal

 

And you will find an excellent read in this story by my son Colin, and it is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Parasympathetic Nervous System (PSNS)

  Parasympathetic Nervous System (PSNS)   My heart starts palpitating, and my palms sweat, for I am in flight or fight mode and trappe...