Thursday 5 September 2024

A Toddler's View






A Toddler’s View

 

Would you believe it, I can stand on my feet?

and I have got this walking thing really quite neat.

Oh, deary me, I am back on the floor and not so tall

as I resort to knees and elbows when I crawl.

 

My Mummy tells me now that filling my nappy* is naughty

and that I need to learn to use the horrible potty.

It is plastic and hard and when I use it there is a smell

the big people certainly don’t use it as far as I can tell!

 

My Daddy likes to lift me and throw me in the air,

Its great fun yet it gives Mummy a real big scare.

I love to play with my toys which I sometimes throw,

and Mummy gets real angry if I try to chew them you know!

 

I get to lie in nice warm water called a bath,

then I get dried and tickled which makes me laugh.

something called teeth make my gums tingle and sore

then Mummy rubs them with something nice and I want more.

 

I now sleep in a cot more often than nought,

unless my ‘unsettled’ tears my Mummy bought!

Then to lie on her chest and sleep is a real delight,

even Daddy rolls over and does not fight.


Mummy and Daddy often take me for a ‘walk’,

and I sit in my buggy whilst passing adults talk.

Sometimes we travel out in the bus or car

and I am always strapped in, no matter how near or far.

 

I have been going to a nursery where I get to play

but I have to share toys with others and get no say.

It is always noisy and busy until it is time to go home,

then I find it quiet and strange to be all alone.

 

I heard Mummy and Daddy talking about another Baby

And I hope to GOD that it is just a maybe!

The very thought of another feels like hell,

‘cause I like being the only one and treated so well!

 

John

 

*Diaper




There is a selection of my art on canvas

 and other mediums available in my

Bonanza Shop here.

 

I have two self-help stories available exclusively on

 Amazon, either on the Kindle or paperback, and I do

 hope that you find them interesting, thought-

provoking, and, most of all, enjoyable: -

 

The Rock Philosophy

This simply written short story is aimed at those who

 seek to understand themselves, and through

 understanding themselves comes a greater

 understanding of life. 

 

The Life of Jesus

(as witnessed by his brother)

Much has been written about Jesus, and no matter your

 view on religion or Christianity, this person, whether he

 was as described in the bible or not, has singularly

 shaped, to a greater or lesser extent, the lives we lead

 today through his wisdom. There are many versions of

 the story, but there is only one truth, and is it not

 better to know the truth?

 

You are most welcome to visit my self-help youtube

 channel Advantage Subliminal

 

And you will find an excellent read in this story by my

 son Colin, and it is here.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Broken Heart

  My Broken Heart   My broken heart, the cold wind blows. Winter is here, but Spring beckons!   John There is a selection of m...